General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Want to test a/c compressor , need input on jumping switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to test a/c compressor , need input on jumping switch

I want to make sure my compressor and the wiring i did when i swapped in the ls1 is right before i spend money on hoses and charging and what not. The system is empty right now so i know the compressor will not turn on.

My question is, is there a way to bypass the low press switch so that i can make sure the hvac panel tells the pcm and the pcm tells the comp to go on ?
Old 07-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Assuming it's wired up correctly you should be able to use HPTuners to override the low pressure switch and turn the compressor on.

When I did my swap that didn't work at first, but when I used a jumper wire the compressor turned on. Turned out I had pinched a wire during the install, so I just ran a different wire to the PCM and it worked great.
So if you don't have HPTuners you should be able to just use a jumper wire on the compressor itself. It might be a little bit of a pain to get to, but that is the most direct way that I know of to see if the compressor will run.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by runtwrestlin
Assuming it's wired up correctly you should be able to use HPTuners to override the low pressure switch and turn the compressor on.

When I did my swap that didn't work at first, but when I used a jumper wire the compressor turned on. Turned out I had pinched a wire during the install, so I just ran a different wire to the PCM and it worked great.
So if you don't have HPTuners you should be able to just use a jumper wire on the compressor itself. It might be a little bit of a pain to get to, but that is the most direct way that I know of to see if the compressor will run.
which of the 2 wires do you jump ?

Also how did you set-up your a/c ? any pictures ? I was thinking of swapping in the ls1 evap and condensor.

Quick Reply: Want to test a/c compressor , need input on jumping switch