General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

98 ls1 bogs...help plz...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 98 ls1 bogs...help plz...

my car is a 98 transam a4 here is the problem I try to peel off my car bogs somtimes it also feels underpowerd I floor it all the way down and wont do anything but bog the check engine turned on and took it to check the cels it said it was running either rich or lean and both oxygen senors where bad.

Please help am new to ls1's and ls1tech thanks in advance for any input
Old 08-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I would look into things a little bit further because to lose two 02 sensors, on different sides anyway, at the same time is a hell of a coincidence. Same side I can see. But two have failed before at the same time, just saying check into a little bit.

Get a live scan to see if they are NOT switching properly. If they're not, get two new sensors. They're cheap....$33.00 each for the best ones....Densos.

You can change them yourself in minutes, just have to get the front end off the ground, or jack up each side separately. All you need is a crescent wrench.

Oh....and STOP flooring it with the engine running like that....you could completely destroy the internals with misfiring and sputtering going on and you go wide open throttle.

Drive it very casually and nicely till you get it fixed.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:41 AM
Launching!

Thanks alot ls6427 I just got it but has some problems also theirs some fumes comimg out of the oil filler when its on or when I turn it off it looks like vapor
Old 08-02-2011, 12:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1TA_956
Thanks alot ls6427 I just got it but has some problems also theirs some fumes comimg out of the oil filler when its on or when I turn it off it looks like vapor
Fumes???? You mean little puffs of smoke? Might have a bad ring(s), you shouldn't be getting anything blowing out of the oil filler neck.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:00 AM
Launching!

Wher can I get them that cheap here in autozone they sell for 69.99 each the densos
Old 08-02-2011, 07:29 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Before you spend real money, I'd recommend cleaning your MAF. (just get a special $5 can of MAF cleaner) A dirty MAF can cause you to run lean so bad that you throw O2 codes. (Even though the O2 sensors are fine.)

Are you running an oiled air filter?
Old 08-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1TA_956
Wher can I get them that cheap here in autozone they sell for 69.99 each the densos
amazon.com and rockauto.com......approx. $33.00 each, sometimes they vary up and down a few dollars. One day shipping with Amazon. Part # 2344025 Denso....16 inch long wires.

BUT....like me and "wssix99" have said earlier....look into other things first. Definitely try cleaning the MAF...just spray it, DO NOT touch the sensors inside the MAF with anything, just spray it like crazy. You cannot over spray it. I use like a 1/4 can all over it. Spray it through the screen all over it and also clean the whole screen. Also, while its off spray the hell out of the IAT sensor thats in the lid. Then spray the hell outta the TB blade whole its full open as to clean the side walls all the way around the TB opening. I just spray it all then use my fingers to wipe it all clean, then spray it again to rinse it.

And yes.....if you have a K&N filter....lose it. Get a Mann paper filter from rockauto.com....they are friggin awesome, built very strong, and cheap. I just got mine the other day to try. Great paper filter.

Quick Reply: 98 ls1 bogs...help plz...