General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need help with LS2 swap Coolent Temps

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 12:04 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with LS2 swap Coolent Temps

I have a 04 G35 infiniti coupe with a ls2/t56 in it.
Ever since I have got the swap completed I cant keep the temp under 220-230*. I have burped the system correctly, upgraded the rad to 2" single pass with a 16 and 14 hi flow fan. 160 Tstat. Fans kick on at 160* but the temp still continues to climb. I can't put any bigger fans, The heads are freshly put on and the problem was there before as well so no head gasket issue. It is plumbed correctly. So Fans, Rad, Tstat, Burp..... Any suggestions would help. Also water pump is brand new, stock LS2. System fluched and correct mix of coolent.

Mods to the engine
Ls6 CNC heads
Cam
25% underdrive pulley
1 7/8 headers
oil cooler
more but would have to deal with temp I think. Thanks
Old 08-18-2011, 01:24 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Assuming the coolant is flowing through the system properly:
I'll tell ya....people post here about this kind of issue every once in awhile. The factory ducting when the car (F-Body) was designed is the key to proper air flow....from hitting the air dam, deflecting upward, entry into the front of the radiator to exiting behind it. Doesn't matter how big the fans are....if the air is not "ducted" through properly.....it won't run cool.

There's a thread in the past 2-3 weeks about someone who just added an intake mod, but it was in front of the radiator...it threw the whole air flow stream off....and it ran hot. He took it off the car and his temps went right back to normal.

I would work on the ducting all the way around the radiator edges and make sure all of the air that is being deflected up and into the radiator...is actually getting to the radiator, and not escaping around its edges.