General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Misfire code now car will not start?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfire code now car will not start?!?!

Hey guys, I was on the way to work this morning when I noticed my car acting slightly strange like a lack of throttle responce. I figured I would just make it to work and attempt to fix it after. Well I made it a 1/4 mile from my house and it started sputtering knocking and such then the SES light started flashing so I pulled over and tried cranking it back up. It started back up barely so I made it alomst home until it died again. So I got my friend to push me back home. I checked oil no discoloration or anything, checked almost all fuses under the hood (all 15amp ones atleast). pulled the first 2 spark pulgs from driver side since they are easiest just to check. Tried starting the car, it turns over but doesnt start. I hear fuel pump priming. Im thinking its a spark/fuel problem, but no idea where to start. It did rain last night but all fuses seem dry. Any help with be great! This is my DD and I need it up and running asap! I am a poor college student lol please help!! Also 160k on engine
Old 09-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found out several wires were beside header. The yellow one that goes to crank sensor by starter looked slightly brown but not to burned. Would this cause the car not to start?