General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

How to access and replace H/L Horns?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to access and replace H/L Horns?

Like the title says, how do I access the horn on the 02 firebird? I bought a replacement High and Low horn and when I went to go put it on today I realized the horn is completely covered up. And I wanted to know the easiest way to access it before disassembling anything.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i remember correctly,

try removing the battery, your gonna see the battery mount and coolant overflow resevoir are one assembly...take the bolt out that holds that down, and obviously your overflow hose, inless you can just move the assembly out of the way, and you MAY be able to get your hands down there right by the horn to replace them, its a long shot, never had to replace them, but know theyre in that general area...GL
Old 10-03-2011, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by JaYZeig
if i remember correctly,

try removing the battery, your gonna see the battery mount and coolant overflow resevoir are one assembly...take the bolt out that holds that down, and obviously your overflow hose, inless you can just move the assembly out of the way, and you MAY be able to get your hands down there right by the horn to replace them, its a long shot, never had to replace them, but know theyre in that general area...GL
Thanks will try when it's light out tomorrow.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I did it while doing an oil change, jacked it up, and there is an access panel that folds down on the passenger side, and they're right there.
Take out a bolt and disconnect... done.