General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

no heat or ac

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool no heat or ac

ok i have no air what so ever comeing out the vents in my 2000 firebird kind of unsure why seeing how b4 i added the push button start they worked fine so if any one has a idea why it dont work or why the blowing fans are not working please help me out
Old 12-20-2011, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

Have you checked your fuses? Make sure your getting power to the blower motor...
Old 12-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Teching In

yea ive went threw and checked every fuse on the car and they are all good
Old 12-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Launching!

re you still using the key switch in conjunction with the push button? If you bypassed any part of it, it may not be sending key on power to the climate control system.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Teching In

ok so no i dont have to use the key at all its completly bypassed ok so how would i send on power to the climate control system
Old 12-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Launching!

You have to make sure that all of the wires that are connected to the key switch that normally get power when the key is turned to the on position are ran through your new setup. If you only run them to the push button they will either be energized all the time or only when you push the button. You would be better off to put those wires on a toggle switch or aftermarket key switch like you can get at autozone so you can turn that on and send power to whatever needs it. Have your main power go through that same switch and then to your push button. Just turn on the switch and then hit the button to start. I have done this with a few of my buddies vehicles. Just one option. Another is to hook your factory key switch back up just to power everything up and run the engine start wires through the push button. Just some options for you.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Launching!

Look under hood rite above your heat an AC box there will be a vaccuum line. It's common for them to get broken and then you will only have air flowing through your defrost only.