General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

2000 trans am problems.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 trans am problems.

ok guys i have been struggling with this for a few weeks now. Car is 00 trans am formula with 72k. Basically what is happening is under load/accel I get some stumbling and hesitation from around 2k an up usally comes out of it around 4k or so. It throws a type A misfire code sometimes too and the ses light will blink. it was throwing a code for crank shaft postion sensor which i think was a po016 Ill have to do double check that but it was for crank sensor out of range circuit a i think. It is also now throwing the po420 and po430 for cats now which i am pretty sure is caused by the misfires. I replaced the crank sensor seemed ok at first but once again under hard accel it came back on so i inspected wiring to sensor and did not see any broken wires or anything insulation looked great. so i swapped out the crank sensor once again. It doesnt throw the crank sensor code anymore. But now it still throws a misfire code and the po420 and po430. It idles Great and starts right up first crank. But when under acceleration just even gettin on on ramp for interstate picking up speed it will hesitate a bit but come come out of it. the ses light will blank under very hard acceleration but since i swapped out the crank sensor the 2nd time it has only done it twice. it seems like it may be worse when the car is up to operating temp. it will hesitate almost every time under accel but their have been a few times i stomped on it recently and ran like a raped ape. But most of the time between 2 and 4k it will hesitate and stumble a bit. I have some parts sitting here waitng to be installed for my winter mods but would like to get this figured out before major things go in like the cam. I know the cats are prob bad but not to worried about them because long tubes are going on and it will be a catless system. But would like to some ideas or input on where i should start with this misfiring. Plugs and wires are about 6 months old. I have been reading that people have had similar problems when their maf sensor was bad/ dirty. just need some input guys got a week off work and have the time to mess with it. so any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks!
Old 12-26-2011, 04:44 PM

whoa just read that sorry about some of that grammer wow lol
Old 12-26-2011, 11:02 PM

anyone experience similar problems?
Old 12-27-2011, 12:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

vacuum leak causing the O2s to read lean?