General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

V6 alternator vs V8

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 08:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V6 alternator vs V8

I have a 02 ss, and when im driving with my music playing, my headlights kinda flicker, this has happened to me before when i had an actual system, not just the head unit. I also have a 2000 v6 camaro, that was in an accident, all external, will the alternator from my v6, work with the v8, or could this just be as simple as replacing the battery, also how difficult is it to replace an alternator, and i hope this was the right spot to post this, if not sorry, any help would be great thanks.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:33 AM
Launching!

took me about 45 min my first time i changed mine probably could of done it faster if it wasnt covered in power steering fluid
Old 12-30-2011, 04:28 PM
Launching!

I got a 99SS that started happing with my car, windows took forever to roll up. Sooner or later left me on side of the highway my alternator went out. I bought OEM replacement at orielys for about 140 bucks 25 dollar core charge. Took me about 1 hour to put it in. Kind of a pain in the ***, it helps alot if you have a long extentions(or a few) and a swivel to get to the one 13mm bolt in the back. But you gotta tetris it out and back in with the fan in the way. Just be patient it will come out
Good luck
Old 12-31-2011, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Thanks, also i guess im having window trouble on the driverside as well, apparently my motor came unattatched and stripped the screws that keep it in place, my wife took it to the shop, and they said i might have to get a new door, im in afg right now, have no eyes on, but if i do will anyone know the cost of getting a door painted, god i hope this isnt the case.

Quick Reply: V6 alternator vs V8