General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Blown Fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 06:18 AM
LTX
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Blown Fuse?

94 Camaro Z28 Today i was messing around with my rear bose rub and i accidently touched to wires together, the main wire harness that goes to the rear subwoofer and i touched 2 wires together and my interior lighting when out and radio wont turn on, so now when i open my doors: No Lights are on and The Stereo does not turn on at all. is this a blown fuse and where can i get it fixed??
Old 12-31-2011, 06:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a fuse. did it start to smell like burning plastic? if not 99% it's ablown fuse in line or in your fuse block. sounds like fuse block look for radio or acc's in your fuse block diagram, real easy, just take your time
Old 01-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

normally the dome light and stereo are on the same fuse, check the fusebox to see where the corresponding fuse is and replace
Old 01-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Rockstar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL check your fuses first. If it's not a fuse, there are two black boxes on the firewall on the drivers side close to the trans tunnel. The one on the left is the one you need to fix, IIRC. It likely shorted out and just needs some soldering. If your windows are also not working then this is absolutely the problem.

This is the best pic I have with the dash off. If you look closely in the middle and to the left of the trans tunnel, you can see the two boxes attached to the firewall.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hate electrical problems which is why i pray that its only a fuse. check there first.