General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

TCS/ABS delete throttle cable

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TCS/ABS delete throttle cable

The 02 Z/28 I purchased had TCS and ABS...an ABS delete kit was installed, but I don't know if the throttle cable(s) was replaced. The little mechanism doesn't seem to want to let the throttle body close completely, causing it to idle high.

Since it's Sunday, I can't go down to the dealership or the good parts store around here to verify/purchase the cable, but I'd like to see if anybody here had any input.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

I bought one through GMpartsdirect, it showed up with the sleeve busted right in the center. I tried to band aid it with superglue, didn't work. Then they told me I couldn't return it because I tried to fix what was already broke. Long story short, F*CK GMpartsdirect.

I ended up saying screw it and bought the $60 braided stainless Lokar cable. It's not completely installed yet. I did have to cut it down some, but I think it will work great.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:19 AM
On The Tree

I went to the local dealership (O'Reilly Chevrolet) and picked up one up for $40. Works perfectly. The cruise control cable has been discontinued, but I don't ever go on long road trips, and I can't remember the last time I used cruise control.
The new one comes with everything I needed, and the engine bay looks a lot nicer now without that little module in the corner.