General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car stalling please help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car stalling please help!

I'm a new member here, and just made an account because of my car. I need a lot of help lol. I have a 3.4 liter firebird, and it's a '94. It has a few problems, and I haven't been able to solve them. Before anyone mentions to scan it though, I've already tried, and even Goodyear could not scan it. They said the ECU and the scanner port were not the same, and their scanner could not communicate with my ECU.

About a month ago my car began stalling occasionally, and it still does. Its happened maybe twice when braking, coming up to a light, and I believe thats the egr. But also, it stalls right after I start it and fights to stay alive but only after ive driven it a few times consecutively. And last it stalls when I am in reverse and release the brake, its almost as if the engine cuts off and it stalls unless I give it gas.

About two weeks ago it started fighting me to even turn over. It doesn't happen often, but ill get in and turn the key, and all I hear is a single click. Sometimes it turns over and starts on the next try, or it takes several tries before it stops clicking. Ive checked my battery connections and they seem fine. The battery was just put in a year ago too, and everything comes on when I turn the key.

I've replaced a lot of things in an attempt to solve these problems. Ive replaced all the spark plugs, pcv valve, all my coils, my icm, I replaced the steering column, checked my iac, cleaned my throttle body, checked for vacuum leaks, replaced the fuel filter, "had my fuel pump replaced by a shop" 7 months ago, but i cant be too sure they did. And I checked all my fuel injectors. I'm stumped, and I get no codes because I cant check them. My ses light never comes on when it stalls out. The only time it comes on is if I'm cruising over 50 mph and slow down.

So if you can possibly help me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks
Old 03-23-2012, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if i had to guess, look at your maf and or o2 sensors.