General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Faster Steering Ratio

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 08:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faster Steering Ratio

I posted this on the truck side and not getting alot of feed back on this subject. I thought maybe someone over here could help out.

I wanna tighten up my steering on my '04 Sierra RCSB to much like my '99 T/A.

I've searched for some threads on this but doesnt seem to be really any conversation on the matter. Any ideas? Is as simple at a rack and pinion swap from a f-body? or is there kits out there?

Thanks.

Truck side post
Old 04-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

Measure the mount and hose sizes. I'm switching my 95 z28 rack and pinon from a 02 Z28 SS rack with my new Umi K member and control arms. I believe the ratio on the 02 SS rack is faster then the 95 Z28's rack. I have notice that the r/p looks the same in alot of other GM. I'm not sure of the sizes of the mounts and hoses. But it's worth the try...
Old 04-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

After spending some time last night looking on the internets I ran across some data on steering ratios. What I found is: the Trans AM with the WS6 package has a steering ratio of 14.4 where as my truck has a ratio of 14.2 I dont get it, if the truck as a better ratio then why does it not turn as well? Is it just the size of the steering wheel that is the difference?