General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Misfire

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfire

At idle at a stop light my SES light starts flashing, as soon as i take off it would stop , didn't know why so I drove the car home and put the solus scanner on it. It's throwing a misfire code. So I went to the misfire log while the car was idling and it's showing misfires on all cylinders. But as soon as I give it gas no more misfires. What could be causing this? Could the cam idle be to low. It's around 700. Please any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hmmmm.......sounds like it could be a loose PCM-Engine ground. The wires that bolt on to the back of the passengers side head. Simply reach back there and see if they are tight......2 or 3 bolts....not sure. But you will feel them.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gonna take a shot at this and say its possibly because with alot of cam setups, itll set the p0300 code for misfires, and you need to have it turned off.

does the car have a tune?
Old 07-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JaYZeig
gonna take a shot at this and say its possibly because with alot of cam setups, itll set the p0300 code for misfires, and you need to have it turned off.

does the car have a tune?
Not an actual reputable tune, my buddy has the whole hp tuners setup and added more timing and messed with the MAF table. And what do you mean turn it off?