General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Really Bad Leak!

Old 07-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really Bad Leak!

The car has had a leak since I bought it. We thought it was the rear main seal so when I sent my tranny off to Tick for rebuild I changed the seal. I even borrowed my buddy's alignment tool specifically for our rear main seals and covers. But that bitch is still leaking. I don't wanna pull the tranny off again. So I read last night on here it might be the "Oil Pressure Sending Unit" so I just took off the intake manifold and used a light and a mirror to look back there and sure enough there's oil all over the back of the block. Could this oil get into the bellhousing somehow and drip like a rear main seal or am I crazy?
Old 07-07-2012, 03:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

sure could.....the bell housing may be bolted to the block and might look good and tight but it i.s not sealed and oil could easily make its way into the bell housing. change the sending unit and clean everything up and you should be fine
Old 07-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the quick response. I changed the OPSU a couple of hours ago and i looked behind the block and oil was everywhere. So I cleaned everything up as nice as I could and went for a drive and so far so good no leak. Lets just hope it stays that was it was leaking bad! like a quart every couple of weeks

Search this Thread