General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HOW to remove the windscreen wiper arms..in 3mins..กกก

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW to remove the windscreen wiper arms..in 3mins..กกก

Hello there ....first and foremost i know there are like 3-4 threads on this subject... but in none ive found an easiet and quickest way to remove them ..all of them mention the use of special tools or take it to the mechanic and how of a bitch this procedure is...so after spending a couple of days of researching because i needed to change mine ... i ran in to a work shop where they give me this troubleshoot and in no time i could uninstall them

Disclaimer .. im not from the US , so if my grammar sucks sorry guys..กก

step 1.- get the following tools : a 13 mm wrench and a ratchet with its 13mm socket-and a rubber hammer-or in the case u dont have one use the regular but with a cloth( i hope this is proper way to name the tools)

step 2.- remove the plastic cover of the arm, and you will se the nut ..in the passenger side you will need to use the ratchet and on the driver side you will use the wrench ... proceed to remove the nut

step3.- after removing the nut .. if u have a plastic or rubber hammer, give 3 to 4 hits on the area where the plastic cover was( see picture), if you dont have the rubber hammer use the regular but cover up the arm with a cloth to avoid damaging it..now proceed with caution and do not do it with full strenght just give nice strong hits and you will notice the arm will lift a bit from the stud...from that point you can give small hits just to be sure its lifted from the stud

step 4.- after the arm is lifted you just need to proceed to shake it a lil bit back and forth on a gently way to clompetely remove it from the stud ...and there you go ..... no damage to the windscreen ..no need to use any special tool ...no hard time ... 3 min job ....

i hope i could explain myself ...
Old 07-09-2012, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

^would have been useful for me last year Good how-to none the less, good job.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

i think i might do this, but just in case how do i put it back on?
Old 07-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lsmaxxed
i think i might do this, but just in case how do i put it back on?

its easier to put it back just put a small amount of grease in the stud and slide it back.... then put back the nut and bolt it back .... presto..กกก
Old 07-10-2012, 11:00 AM
TECH Resident

Some people say they can smack it with the palm of there hand and get the same affect. I've never been able to do it that way though.

Quick Reply: HOW to remove the windscreen wiper arms..in 3mins..กกก