General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

engine messing up HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 02:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine messing up HELP

Well I woke up and drove to my buddies to change my oil. The car ran fine as always. After the oil change it started running like crap and threw 2 codes p1133 and p0301. One is a misfire in cylinder 1 the other is a heated o2. I replaced the coil and plug still run horrible. My buddy has a gto and said his did thus and it was hid tps, map, and idle air control valve. Please can anyone help
Old 08-28-2012, 02:02 PM
12 Second Club

No one has had this problem? Could it be the idle air control valve?
Old 08-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Think about what you did. Why would those items just start going wrong after an oil change? It is possible, but not likely. Try swapping plug wires around and see if the misfire moves. If nothing, try moving spark plugs to see if the misfire moves. Do the same with the coil. If all those check out then spark probably isn't the issue. Next thing is air. Is there some reason that one cylinder isn't getting air? Only reason for one cylinder not getting air is a broken valve spring or bent valve. Next we move to fuel. Your fuel system is working because the other cylinders are fine. The injector could be shot? A wire to the injector could be broken?

Is the bad O2 sensor on the same side as the misfire? If so, then you may be dumping fuel from that dead cylinder into the exhaust which will kill your O2 sensor. There are many reasons this could be happening. You just have to learn to eliminate them one by one, and try things that don't cost money at first.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:10 AM
12 Second Club

thanks for the help and reply, it turned out my o2 extension wires had melted and touching each other. When I noticed that I unplugged it and works fine. I have a new high temp one on its way.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Glad you figured it out!

Quick Reply: engine messing up HELP