General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Rear Defroster Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 08:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Defroster Problems

97 TA, When I push the button for the defroster, the light does come on and I hear a click. However, it goes off after 45 seconds to a minute of being on. I read that its suppose to stay on for atleast 10mins before turning off. It doesn't even have enough time to defrost the window. I checked the connections at the back window, they are good. Is this a common problem/is there a simple fix for this? I know the circuit is controlled by a 30amp circuit breaker, is it possible the circuit breaker has worn out or something?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Teching In

You're thinking is correct. Circuit breaker typically wears out and trips early like that. I had the exact same symptom with mine and just swapped the circuit breaker out for a regular fuse. I can't remember what amp fuse I used, but if you search the site you'll find some other threads on it.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Firm
You're thinking is correct. Circuit breaker typically wears out and trips early like that. I had the exact same symptom with mine and just swapped the circuit breaker out for a regular fuse. I can't remember what amp fuse I used, but if you search the site you'll find some other threads on it.
I put a new circuit breaker in and it works fine now.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

30 amp

Quick Reply: Rear Defroster Problems