General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Side mirror fix

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Side mirror fix

I figured I would post this for anyone having the same problem because it didn't seem like there was a lot of info on a fix for the side mirrors coming loose or hanging off like mine was.

My passenger side mirror has always been more "shaky" than my driver side one. (I have a system) Didn't really bother me until one day it was like hanging down and looked like it was gonna fall off. I took it off and noticed the little metal cross would not stay in the plastic clips tightly. I seen other people say they glued the metal piece down, then duct taped it down also. So I superglued it, fell off like couple weeks later. So here was my fix, by the way I like to fix everything with zipties.

The plastic that holds the metal cross in on one side is totally chipped away because I tried to squeeze them a lil with pliers to "unspring" them, and yeah, I might of said a dirty word after that happened.

Anyway, if you do this be careful when trying to drill the little holes because plastic can start to crack and chip off very easily. Use a little drill bit and go slow. I thought I wasn't going to be able to drill all the way through because you can not go straight through, unless you had an extremely long skinny drill bit, or some type of super slim dremel.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: Side mirror fix