General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need some help, evap issues

Old 03-13-2013, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help, evap issues

Ok so my 04 gto has a fault for the evap vent. Whenever i try to fill it up i can hear the gas trailing up the filler neck and then it shuts the pump off. I just recently put a used tank in and its been working fine for about 2 months now. This started happening about 2 weeks ago and its driving me crazy. Does anyone know what this could be, im not very good with evap systems so any help would be much appreciated.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

start with the fuses (basic), i think you might need to get the tank down again.. since this isn't a leak issue or yet it still might be, you'll never know until you get that tank down.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The vent valve is normally open it closes only to test itself. With no vent for the tank putting gas in it will be a slow tediouis job. So is it clogged with crap? did the wire rub
and the soleniod find a ground? You did not state the code but a non vented tank will
collapse.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Pull codes and post them. If they were evap vent solenoid codes see if you can get your hands on a scanner, Command the solenoid on and off to see if it is opening and closing as it should. If not then make sure you are getting power and ground when commanded.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need some help, evap issues