General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Wire loom retainer clips

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 07:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wire loom retainer clips

Broke a few of these when pulling out my dash.

http://www.pcsconnectors.com/12160857.aspx

Do any of you know where I can get a few locally? I don't really want to have to buy them in bulk online, but I'm thinking I'll have to.... I went to O'Reillys about to be on my way to NAPA though I doubt they have them, at least they didn't on there website. Checked Autozone online and they didn't have any, and they are too far from me to just go check quickly.

I'm guessing I'll probably end up having to buy them online, but any help is appreciated!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:03 PM
TECH Regular

Nevermind, I can get singles from mouser.com.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could probably find it at HFT or Northern Tool if you have one locally and don't want to wait for it to ship.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:26 PM
TECH Regular

No HFT too near but I have a northern practically down the street. I already ordered online but I'll check northern out as I have to replace a couple broken extensions anyway.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:49 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

I doubt you'll find these anywhere in small quantities other than Mouser because they are made by Delphi. (Maybe a specialty automotive supply like Terminal Supply Company, etc. - but Mouser will beat them on price and/or service every time.)

The parts are in the Delphi catalog for identification and usually have the p/n molded in to them.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:14 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah I figured if I could find something like it then I would grab it. When I was at Northern I looked around and didn't see anything. Already have a few from mouser coming in, super cheap but it looks like it's going to take like 12 days to ship, which seems like a hell of a long time, but being that the weather and what not still sucks up here I'm not really in a rush. And your right all of that stuff does have the part number molded in to it.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:22 PM
TECH Regular

Hm didn't even know about TSC, looks like they have one here in St.Paul... They don't have any loom retaining clips though, oh well. Not a big deal. Hmm just found that they have these http://terminalsupplyco.com/Store/Product.aspx?pc=FT-10 .. Those would work well. Might give them a call on Monday.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FormulaJoe
Hm didn't even know about TSC, looks like they have one here in St.Paul... They don't have any loom retaining clips though, oh well. Not a big deal. Hmm just found that they have these http://terminalsupplyco.com/Store/Product.aspx?pc=FT-10 .. Those would work well. Might give them a call on Monday.
Yea, TSC is another great resource that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I didn't know those were proprietary delco designs. But what you found at TSC looks to be better to me as it is a cable tie restraint. That way instead of pulling out the anchor each time and eventually ruining it you can just cut the tie and re-zip it when done. I might look into using these for all my loom runs I just did for the gauge pod.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:29 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Mouser ships Priority mail. Including Post Office time and processing, I've never waited more than 4 days for my orders from them.

TSC can get you any Delphi part. It will just take them longer and they may force you to order a minimum quantity. There are other places that can order these parts, as well but no one is going to beat the price and speed of Mouser. (Unless you live by a TSC and they have your part in stock.)
Old 04-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Launching!

Location: From Massapequa, New York / Now in Southern California
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Not sure if your going through a thru hole, if you are, put a tie wrap around the harness, than insert the pig tail of the tie wrap through the hole and use another tie wrap head to secure it on the other side.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:27 PM
TECH Regular

^^^Interesting 2000 ws6, but it's for the harness under the dash, that runs just under where the dash pad and dash meet, there is no access to the other side of the hole, which is why I broke most of the retainers.

You were right wssix, they said on the confirmation that it wouldn't get here till the 16th for some reason, but they arrived on Monday. Got the dash and steering column back in and all that fun stuff.

Decadence, I think I'll be using those from now on too, much better design IMO and I probably have a lifetime supply of zip-ties in all sizes and colors, LOL, so they would be pretty convenient.

Even if mouser did take until the 16th, we have about 8" of snow we just got this week , so looks like it's going to be even longer yet until the roads are clear of salt. Plenty of time to do some more tinkering! LOL...

Quick Reply: Wire loom retainer clips