General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Fuel Pump Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fuel Pump Problems

My 02 Z28 seems to be having trouble feeding fuel every great once and a while. Everything from not receiving enough fuel to not any pressure at all. I am currently working to learn about how to correct this issue. Right now, it seems that the right way for me to go is to hack up the trunk and replace the pump itself with the Walbro 255LHR . I do have a question about this. On the Racetronix website there is a universal GM fuel pump replacement kit for $98.65 (FPK-1016) that has the 255LHR pump. There is also a kit specifically for 99-02 ls1 cars with the same pump and a few different looking accessories for $209.98 (RFPK-001). Do I need the more expensive kit? Is there any benefit for the extra $100? I am also hearing about a “hotwire” kit that allows for a more professional install and higher performance potential. My car is stock and I have no intention of doing any major upgrades. What can I do to resolve this problem as effectively (good and safe) and efficiently (cheap) as possible? Also, what’s the likelihood of having an injector hanging open?
Old 04-26-2013, 12:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannonball
My 02 Z28 seems to be having trouble feeding fuel every great once and a while. Everything from not receiving enough fuel to not any pressure at all. I am currently working to learn about how to correct this issue. Right now, it seems that the right way for me to go is to hack up the trunk and replace the pump itself with the Walbro 255LHR . I do have a question about this. On the Racetronix website there is a universal GM fuel pump replacement kit for $98.65 (FPK-1016) that has the 255LHR pump. There is also a kit specifically for 99-02 ls1 cars with the same pump and a few different looking accessories for $209.98 (RFPK-001). Do I need the more expensive kit? Is there any benefit for the extra $100? I am also hearing about a “hotwire” kit that allows for a more professional install and higher performance potential. My car is stock and I have no intention of doing any major upgrades. What can I do to resolve this problem as effectively (good and safe) and efficiently (cheap) as possible? Also, what’s the likelihood of having an injector hanging open?
If you car is stock then all you require is either of these:
http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...PA-016&eq=&Tp=

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...A-F99D&eq=&Tp=

The reasons for these jet-feed pumps are explained in our web ads. You can not use a generic pump and expect it to work properly.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump Problems