General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

2000 Firehawk window regulator

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 2000 Firehawk window regulator

My driverside window has some up and down movement and would have a 1/4 gap when all the way up. When at the half way position I could lift the front corner of the window (closest to the mirror) about an inch. I removed the door panel and found that the motor was replaced at some point and they screwed up the fiberglass by using the wrong rivets.

Im planning on making a plate and just use bolts for the regulator, but my main question:

I removed the regulator and found one of the "arms" has some play in it and I think that was contributing to the glass movement but Im not sure. This is definetely the originial regulator. Should I replace the regulator or reuse it?

Sorry if this dosent make alot of sense. I could take if vid if you guys need me to. thanks!
Old 09-09-2013, 06:18 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

The regulator has a solid arm, so if you feel any play, its movement of the regulator itself or the glass. Have you seen the other threads on making a plate for this problem?
Old 09-10-2013, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not take any pics beforehand, but the holes where the regulator rivets had severe damaged from being improperly riveted. I spent about 5 hours and made this plate.

It has epoxy on the backside of the plate and has a bolt w/ washer on the back with a locknut on the front plate. I also used bolts with locknuts for the regulator. Works great!
Attached Thumbnails 2000 Firehawk window regulator-plate3.jpg   2000 Firehawk window regulator-plate4.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2000 Firehawk window regulator