General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

EBRAKE Light stays on

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 07:35 AM
60z
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBRAKE Light stays on

I recently purchased an 02 Camaro SS and I have had a few problems, one being the EBRAKE light came on last week and has stayed on. I did some research and saw that it could be switch or the master cylinder being low on fluid, which i looked this morning and it is. I didn't have time to hit the store prior to coming into work and I noticed the brake pedal becoming extremely soft. I almost had to use the gears to slow the car down. Could this all be due to the car being low on brake fluid? I know the previous owner just installed new brakes and the light was not on when i test drove the car, just curious as to if the low brake fluid could be associated with all of this. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 60z
I recently purchased an 02 Camaro SS and I have had a few problems, one being the EBRAKE light came on last week and has stayed on. I did some research and saw that it could be switch or the master cylinder being low on fluid, which i looked this morning and it is. I didn't have time to hit the store prior to coming into work and I noticed the brake pedal becoming extremely soft. I almost had to use the gears to slow the car down. Could this all be due to the car being low on brake fluid? I know the previous owner just installed new brakes and the light was not on when i test drove the car, just curious as to if the low brake fluid could be associated with all of this. Thanks.
Sounds like you may have a slow leak somewhere. The light will come on if air is introduced into the system as well and the shuttle valve in the brake proportioning valve swings to one side to isolate front or rear brakes when there is a line failure. Refill the system and bleed it, after look for any leaks at all fittings.

Quick Reply: EBRAKE Light stays on