General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Newbie; popping issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie; popping issues

Hi. First of all I would like to say thank you to anyone who can give me advice for my camaro problem. I am new to this website and I have very little knowledge about fixing and working on cars, but you have to start somewhere. A little about me. I am 21 years old and I have always loved the fbody camaro. I recently purchased a 1995 Z28 that isn't perfect but it is my first fbody. The car obviously has the LT1 but unfortunately no longer has the T56 (I plan on changing this as soon as I can). The tranny in it now is from an older Iroc (700r4). Now the problem. The other day I was driving home from work and was stopped at a stop sign. I began taking off normally but shifting throught the gears manually when something popped during the takeoff. I immediately put it back in drive and drove the rest of the way home (about two blocks) and its been parked since. No noises other than a faint humming noise (I believe from bad tires) was heard the rest of the way. No pops or anything. Is this the rearend, uv joints, tranny, what? I havent drove it since because I do not want to risk further damage. Please help me.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Check the transmission mount.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

start it up and go from drive to reverse and see if you get any clunking
Old 10-08-2013, 09:41 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. I have been out the past week for business. I will check these out as soon as I can. Hopefully its just the rear tranny mount. I've been told by others that this may be the issue as well. Fingers crossed.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:10 AM

So I checked out the car. I recently went through the gears while parked and while driving. The transmission seems to be fine. While driving I did hear alot of rattling which I believe to be the rear tranny mount. I will have this fixed soon. Thanks for everyones help.

Quick Reply: Newbie; popping issues