General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Problem with my Windshield Wipers? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with my Windshield Wipers? HELP

I drive a 99 Trans Am. The problem is, when my fuse for the windshield wipers is in, they work until i turn the switch off, once its off, they go up and stay up. they should go down and stay down. So im thinking i will need a new windshield wiper motor?? or another new piece to it to make it work properly??

and also, my driver side door is starting to come off of the chassis, its almost like the glue that holds the outside of the door to the metal part of the door went bad and is giving out. do i need a new door or is there a way i can fix it?
Old 10-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DPRICE58
I drive a 99 Trans Am. The problem is, when my fuse for the windshield wipers is in, they work until i turn the switch off, once its off, they go up and stay up. they should go down and stay down. So im thinking i will need a new windshield wiper motor?? or another new piece to it to make it work properly??

and also, my driver side door is starting to come off of the chassis, its almost like the glue that holds the outside of the door to the metal part of the door went bad and is giving out. do i need a new door or is there a way i can fix it?
I'm not sure about your wipers never had a problem with them on any of my cars.

As for your door, the outer piece is often referred to as a door skin. Sometimes, I don't know how common it is on these cars, the glue will give out and the skin starts to come off. I've heard of body shops removing the skin completely and regluing it. I'd imagine if you've got the skill or the patience to learn you could do it yourself. Unfortantly the easiest way is to replace the door. It may be cheaper too, if you can find a door near you.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The door you can fix but I'm not sure of the exact glue you would need. Should be covered in the paint and body section somewhere

Never heard of the windshield wiper problem on an fbody, but I had a 98 civic with a bad wiper motor relay that would do the same thing. The motor and the relay were the same piece on the civic, but on the fbody I would look at the fuse panels under the hood for the wiper relay

Quick Reply: Problem with my Windshield Wipers? HELP