General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Antenna Issues Help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 04:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Antenna Issues Help?

Well I just bought my car and the antenna was broken off at the base. I drilled the center out for an easy out and in the process of pounding the easy out into the hole i had drilled the hole assembly shifted down. To add insult to injury I busted the easy out. So what do you guys think I should do next? I'm not sure on if the part will need to be replaced, or if I can simply push the antenna back up to be flush?

Here is a picture:
Antenna Issues Help?-4o60x29.jpg
Old 02-21-2014, 07:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe take out the spare and you'll see exactly how it is removed. There is either two or three bolts and it pulls straight down.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ENASNI TILLER
Maybe take out the spare and you'll see exactly how it is removed. There is either two or three bolts and it pulls straight down.
I see that now, I messed around with it a bit and see how to get it out. I'll try and pull it out tomorrow and try a new easy out to get the broken stud out. Anyone know what size the threads are on the antenna?
Old 02-24-2014, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Djbuttolph
I see that now, I messed around with it a bit and see how to get it out. I'll try and pull it out tomorrow and try a new easy out to get the broken stud out. Anyone know what size the threads are on the antenna?
What broken stud are you talking about?

Quick Reply: Antenna Issues Help?