General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

firehawk refresh

Old 02-21-2014, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default firehawk refresh

so with this being my 3rd f body ls1, but my first high mileage one (92k miles) was wondering besides the obvious oil changes and plugs and wires which i did last week, along with fresh o2 sensors what else should i look into for prolonged health of the car. runs fine now except for some tranny slip in the stock tranny (a4). i was looking into seafoam and some people were swearing by the stuff saying it makes the car run like new. any truth to this? i was looking into shocks and springs as well, and doing mild suspension mods to clear up squeaks and creaks. would a coolant flush also be in my best interests? unsure how to do this. car is stock except lid, long tubes and catback.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

bump....
Old 02-23-2014, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would run the seafoam only through the the fuel system, i do it here and there. at an 1/8th of tank put a whole bottle of it your tank then just drive it normally then change the fuel filter after a few days. Won't make your car run like new but it doesn't hurt
Old 02-24-2014, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by usnfenix
so with this being my 3rd f body ls1, but my first high mileage one (92k miles) was wondering besides the obvious oil changes and plugs and wires which i did last week, along with fresh o2 sensors what else should i look into for prolonged health of the car. runs fine now except for some tranny slip in the stock tranny (a4). i was looking into seafoam and some people were swearing by the stuff saying it makes the car run like new. any truth to this? i was looking into shocks and springs as well, and doing mild suspension mods to clear up squeaks and creaks. would a coolant flush also be in my best interests? unsure how to do this. car is stock except lid, long tubes and catback.
When I first got on here, I read alot about seafoaming also. But it was people with alot of miles, so I never worried anymore about it.
I just finished installing, all new pullies, belts. My pullies were worn bad, and I didn't know it. I have around 68,000 miles on the od. I just installed a new LS7 clutch, seems riding with foot on the clutch, and downshifting alot wasn't good on the clutch. New, Tick MC, Tick speed bleeder, and new Slave. It was time.
I just changed out the brake fluid, power steering fluid, and clutch fluid. My clutch fluid was black and dirty. I bought a Mighty vac from Harbor freight to save time and get it done.I also took off the power steering cooler mainly of everything I kept reading about the OEM one, and decided I didn't want the worry. So I installed a power steering cooler(Summit Racing Part # PRM-1006) behind my air dam. There's alot of good reading on this, just search "Power steering cooler", along with everything else, it can be read thru a search. So, yes do a coolant flush. I got rid of all squeaks just by using marine grease when installing my suspension stuff and lithium spray grease every year after winter on my suspensions rubber parts. It's worked since 2005.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: firehawk refresh