General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Misfire when wet...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Misfire when wet...

When i drive through a puddle or start my WS6 after washing tends to start a misfire. I've replaced plug wires to no avail. The car will idle rough, around 600-700 rpm, and stutter when you get on the gas. Once the rpm gets above roughly 2500 rpm it seems to clear up until i have to slow down again. Once it dries out it works fine. What should i look for to clear up this issue? The car is mostly stock minus hooker pro-comp headers, off-road x, and p&p throttle body. What sensors/wires should i look at and in what order?
Old 06-11-2014, 01:38 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue99Firebird
When i drive through a puddle or start my WS6 after washing tends to start a misfire. I've replaced plug wires to no avail. The car will idle rough, around 600-700 rpm, and stutter when you get on the gas. Once the rpm gets above roughly 2500 rpm it seems to clear up until i have to slow down again. Once it dries out it works fine. What should i look for to clear up this issue? The car is mostly stock minus hooker pro-comp headers, off-road x, and p&p throttle body. What sensors/wires should i look at and in what order?
This happens usually when your Oxygen sensor wire(s) get torn open or frayed........from years and years of little rocks and debris slamming into them from driving. Or maybe you hit something big like a rock or something on the road.

Put the car in the air and check the 02 wires for any damage......also make sure the plugs are sealed real well, sometimes the seals in the plugs get ripped or wear out, then water gets into the plug.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car no longer has the rear O2s since they were deleted out but the wires are tucked up and zip tied... Could that be causing the issue?

Quick Reply: Misfire when wet...