General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

hesitation when first started?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hesitation when first started?

Hey guys been a while since ive been on here but heres the issue. I have a 2003 6.0 and every time it starts it will idle weird for a min and then straigten out. If i try to put it in gear when i first start it it will bog out and act like its going to stall if i dont feather the pedal. Also sometimes when driving it will randomly stall on me. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Teching In

btw forgot to mention there is no CEL and no codes so im not sure where to start first
Old 06-22-2014, 04:03 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Possibly a failing IAC valve. And NO....you wont get a code till its totally dead or it gets so bad you set something else off (SES) because of it.

Maybe just a dirty MAF....they run the engine when its cold. When the temps rise enough then the 02 sensors take over.

Get a $7.00 can of MAF cleaner and try that first.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd replace the fuel filter. That's exactly what my Grand National did before the fuel filter became so clogged the car wouldn't run at all.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:19 AM
Teching In

havnt had a chance to look at it yet been super busy but the fuel filter is brand new so i dont think that is the problem. Ill try the maf cleaner and see what happens. also i have an extra throttle body at home maybe ill switch those out and see what happens.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Teching In

sorry for bringing back and old post but im still having the same problem. switched the throttle body to a spare one i had laying around and it didnt do anything. cleaned the maf and it didnt help. all of my fuel system is brand new other than the injectors and rails even the lines are all new.

Quick Reply: hesitation when first started?