General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

brake frustration

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 10:55 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default brake frustration

Ok guys so as of the past 2 weeks I have replaced an ignition coil, 2 02 sensors, brake pads, rotors, tires, and 1 brake caliper and yes I passed inspection to get a sticker but I still have an issue and need some guidance before I go completely insane.

-Just purchased a new set of cross drilled rotors/pads from brakemotive.

- Installed them to find out that my drivers side wheel was not spinning freely as if the caliper was fully sticking to the rotor.

- Replaced the entire caliper at autozone thinking the caliper was the root cause and most likely was part of the issue.

- Made sure the new pin was greased up and the caliper was functional before reinstalling.

-The wheel spins more freely now but the pads are still sticking to the rotor on the drivers side and its still getting hot and it pulls to one side. You can feel it.

- I have a new caliper,rotor, and the pads seem slightly curved which is weird on that side and have a lot of ceramic padding on them being that they are new.

-One guy at autozone told me to drive hard on them so the pads will wear down and create more space between the rotor and caliper and then the brakes should be normal again but I do not want to warp my new rotors in the process being that they get really hot.

- I am thinking of loosening the bleeder valve this weekend checking to make sure the caliper is retracting properly and then starting over. I watched a video that made me possibly suspect flex hose also. I have never had this issue before so where should I go from here to get my driver's side tire to spin freely and brake/release happily?
Old 06-27-2014, 07:39 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Is the brake caliper bracket moving freely on the pins? Did you change that part with the caliper?
Old 06-28-2014, 01:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The caliper bracket can be bent. Happened to me. Couldn't really tell from looking at it, but it was definitely bent. Brakes wouldn't even go together.

Quick Reply: brake frustration