General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Fuel Problems Hard Start

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Problems Hard Start

So I finally think I found a good mechanic. He hooks up the fuel pressure gauge, car on vaccume hose off and it peaks out at 31 PSI and slowly drops to 25. Turn the car off and back on and whether gassing it or not stays at 25 PSI. We release the valve on the fuel pressure gauge to see if fuel will come out and it does but its a steady stream, seemed like and he told me its very low pressure. Then he got a another tool were it has a hose connected it to the fuel pressure regulator were the vaccum hose goes to pumps it and reads 40 PSI and tells me its holding and the FPR diaphram is good. Told me its likely it would be fuel pump. Sorry for the spelling guys. So I went ahead and ordered a Walbro Fuel Pump.

Last edited by karpetcm; 03-11-2015 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

IDK if that's a sure-fire way to test the FPR. I take advantage of most parts stores' easy return policy..grab a FPR and change it to see if it makes a difference. You can get a fuel pressure gauge setup from Harbor Freight for ~$20. It very well may be the pump or even a clogged filter but since the FPR is about a minute to change vs. The fuel pump takes significantly longer to change but is a chance to upgrade.

Quick Reply: Fuel Problems Hard Start