General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Multiple wheel speed sensor codes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 11:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Multiple wheel speed sensor codes?

I'm having an interesting issue with my car.. Been having it for quite some time now, but it's starting to annoy me so I'd like to get it sorted. My car is throwing several wheel speed sensor codes, and I'm not sure where to start..

It all started after a dyno session two years ago. My rear was making some bad noises, so I towed my car back home and I bought a rear end cheap off Craigslist. It was in a Turbo LSX third gen (originally out of an '02 SS), and had been rebuilt and strengthened according to the guy I bought it off of. 4 channel, 3.73, everything the same as my car.

So, I swapped the rear, and as soon as I fired up my car after the swap the ABS INOP + ASR OFF lights came on. Now, I think they MAY have been illuminated before from the dyno session, but I'm not sure.. I know before the dyno, the lights were definitely not on. Anyways, I figured no big deal, probably just the rear speed sensors are dirty. I cleaned them up, and no change, lights still on. So, I swapped my original sensors in, still no change.

I hooked up my OBD scanner and read the codes, and I am able to turn them off, but as soon as I do they come right back on, even before I put the car into drive and start moving. What could be the problem here? Is it possible something is unplugged? I thought maybe this rear has aftermarket hardened axles that can't be read by the sensors, but then why would it throw error codes for the front too, and why would it throw a code before the car even starts moving? I'm open to any suggestions!

Quick Reply: Multiple wheel speed sensor codes?