General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

ASR button gets hot

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 317 Likes on 224 Posts
Default ASR button gets hot

I picked up a completely stock unmodified 02' Z28 A4 with ASR last year in great condition. The original LS1 engine was trashed with lower end damage and so I swapped in a low mile 4.8 longblock with an Lq9 cam and blue springs as I plan to turbo the car in the future. The car has had a good street tune with a wideband and runs great for now, and I'm really enjoying the little 4.8.

lately however, I have noticed that after extended driving the ASR button gets extremely hot to the touch. Maybe it's always been like this and I'm just now noticing it? Not sure, There are no problems with the system however, it operates as it should but the switch get so hot it feels like it would burn your fingers! This is my third 4th gen, but my first with the ASR so I have no previous experience on the subject.

has anyone else experienced this?
Old 01-29-2017, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm guessing it's normal. The bulbs in my Firebirds made everything super hot. Steering wheel controls, ashtray and cover, etc.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:12 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,075 Posts

I've always turned the button off just as soon as I start the engine, and then not touched it again until a restart. So I don't really know how hot it gets after it's been illuminated for long periods, but I know the fog light switch gets pretty hot after a while. Probably normal. Unless you're also turning it off immediately after a cold start and it's already hot - that would not be normal.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I checked mine on the way home from work and they are both warm (TCS and ASR) So it's normal.

Quick Reply: ASR button gets hot