General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

do i need any water?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 06:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do i need any water?

got some Formula 88, and a container to place my intake manifolds in, I want to get rid of all the oil inside my intakes, I read somewhere someone used Formula 88 and worked well, don't remember if they used 50/50 Formula 88/water in the container or just filled the container with straight 88 with the manifold in and let it sit overnight. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-06-2017, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I would pick up a pick up a long pipe cleaner to scrub the tunnels with too. I bought one from home depot that worked great, had about a 16 inch section that had bristles. for the chemicals, I would dilute it somewhat.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:56 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by blue09rocket
got some Formula 88, and a container to place my intake manifolds in, I want to get rid of all the oil inside my intakes, I read somewhere someone used Formula 88 and worked well, don't remember if they used 50/50 Formula 88/water in the container or just filled the container with straight 88 with the manifold in and let it sit overnight. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
It might have been me that you're talking about. I submerged my intake in Formula 88 to clean it. I also used a flexible toilet bowl brush to clean the runners.

I used 2 gallons of F-88 and the rest water....but just enough water to cover completely submerge and fill the intake. I made sure I rolled the intake around a bunch to get all the air bubbles out. I left it over night.

Spotless when it came out. Then I filled a cooler full of water to submerge it in and roll it around to fill it. I did that several times, kept dunking it and pulling it out till the water ran out of the intake clear.

Then let it dry over night.

Then put it back on.

Quick Reply: do i need any water?