General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

2000 SS Camaro abs problem with codes

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 SS Camaro abs problem with codes

I have a 2000 SS Camaro 5.7 V8 with automatic trans and traction control. Bought the car with 132,000 miles a year ago and have had abs/inop and traction control off lights off and on for that time. Had a code for abs power control mode so replaced with a used one but did not solve problem. This week I have codes of DTC C0896 and DTC B1001?? Not sure what these are but I also have a used ebcm which I took the abs power control off of and put on my 1999 ss and it solved the problems on the 99 so the abs powercontrol module was good. Since the one code c0896 pertains to device voltage range/performance and the other code an option configuration error, does this mean it is the ebcm? I read somewhere that since my third brake light does not work and has current to the connection but the light does not work that it could have something to do with abs lights? My son read this somewhere on here I think but I have not found it and am not having much luck solving this problem? Please advise. I am sure I am forgetting something or have not worded this correctly?

Quick Reply: 2000 SS Camaro abs problem with codes