General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

2002 ls1 click no start

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 03:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 ls1 click no start

Drove home one night and woke up to a car that wouldnt start. Diagnosed the starter. Just changed out my starter after the first one shot. I'm getting a click but no actual attempt at turning over. The starter I was given has a 3rd screw on the housing for a wire but I only have 2 on the original, I dont know if thats even redundant but ive put all the wires on properly and mounted it correctly I believe and all I'm getting is a click. My battery was just charged and my car says its in proper range. Any ideas where my problem could be? Car was running fine till the starter went out. Checked the teeth and there was no damage as far as I could see either.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by chrispy793
Drove home one night and woke up to a car that wouldnt start. Diagnosed the starter. Just changed out my starter after the first one shot. I'm getting a click but no actual attempt at turning over. The starter I was given has a 3rd screw on the housing for a wire but I only have 2 on the original, I dont know if thats even redundant but ive put all the wires on properly and mounted it correctly I believe and all I'm getting is a click. My battery was just charged and my car says its in proper range. Any ideas where my problem could be? Car was running fine till the starter went out. Checked the teeth and there was no damage as far as I could see either.
When did you check the battery? just after it was driven? or after you let it sit awhile? More often than not the click / no start sign is a dead battery, not enough power to crank. If you tested the battery just after it was driven, the alternator recharged it. You should also check your ground on the block and make sure thats tight as well as genuinely ensuring all battery cables are tight.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

might be something draining battery overnight

Quick Reply: 2002 ls1 click no start