General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

flooded car

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question flooded car

alright guys i picked up a 2000 ws6 that was flooded for $1,500 which good motor/trans or not still a good deal even if absolutely nothing worked because roller... but everything other then the seats (rear defog doesnt work so not the breaker) and the windows...gauges,radio,lights,horn, ac blower works all that good stuff... i got the car gutted to get new seats and carpet but my main concern is the motor... it did have quite a bit of water in it but oil wasnt milked so it wasnt turned over or anything... car has sat for 7 months since getting flooded and im worried about rust inside the motor water didnt look rusty but i pulled all plugs other then passenger rear because PITA and i just wanna flush it atm... it wont turn over which im sure is just from that one cyl has water in it but what do you guys think the odds are of it being rusted out? also if anyone has tips on getting driver seat out with power seat inop let me know
Old 05-14-2018, 06:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say you have a 50/50 chance on the thing running without being a major problem!!!
Old 05-14-2018, 07:34 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

My first thought is that if you have the original wheels and hood on the car - you could part the car out and make enough money to spend more on another car.

My second thought is that this is a great cause to buy a new tool. I would drop $75 on a boroscope and take a look inside the cylinders before you go further. That will be a small gift that will give back longer than the car will. (I use mine all the time.)
Old 05-14-2018, 07:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Got pics? How bad of shape is the car in?
Old 05-14-2018, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Would be hard to believe nothing inside the engine isn't rusted badly after 7 months. I would pull it out and go through it, you got a bargain I'd go all the way in. Bet you can't even break that engine free and trying to do so will just do more damage.