General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

A/C Problem 2000 Firehawk

Old 07-03-2018, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default A/C Problem 2000 Firehawk

I have a 2000 Pontiac Firehawk with only 16,000 miles on it. It doesn't get driven much. Today I took it for a Drive. When I turned the A/C on, only warm air blew. I picked up a can of A/C Pro from the local parts store. I started the Car and turned the A/C on High and attached the Guage. The Guage was reading in the Green, which means the system is properly charged. The Center Clutch on the Compressor was spinning, Which means Refridgerant is running through the system. But the Air coming out the Vents was still Warm. Any ideas what the Problem could be?
Old 07-03-2018, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Hook up a set of gauges (high/low) and see what the pressures are. Also could be a blend door problem. And those freon cans are junk, dont use them and never use a/c sealer either. Take it to a shop and get a quote for repair, by the time you buy gauges or throw parts at it you are going to spend more money then just having it fixed right the first time. Compressor could be shot, orifice plugged, overcharged/undercharged, plugged condenser, electrical, clutch failure, blend door or actuator, who knows.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How do I access the Blend Door?
Old 07-24-2018, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There should be two lines coming off the ac compressor if the system is working correctly one line will be very cold and the other almost too hot to hold I would check that first to at least make sure your getting cold air to your evaporate core.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A/C Problem 2000 Firehawk