General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Unknown rattle??? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 11:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unknown rattle??? HELP!

So I have this rattle, and I know it's hard to kinda get a good description of a rattle so I made a video of it an posted it
https://www.youtube (.) com/watch?v=MEfCGo9qMpM

Basically this rattle only happens at a stand still and then when i start going in first and then a little bit threw out second, but as soon as i gas it the noise goes away. I've only heard this happening under low load and rpms in 1st and second. at first I thought it was the clutch but everything so far feels and works fine except for a minor grind rarely when I slam it into 4th doing wot pulls but im sure thats a different problem i'll have to work out later... But as of right now this rattle is killing me, something tells me it might be the exhaust or something I have a massive leak 6 inches pass the y pipe and it looks as if the pipe has been tampered with and thats why there is a leak. However it also does sound very much like some thing spinning and grinding. Im clueless and can't find anything about it. Regardless if it hurts the drive train or not this is really annoying...
Old 08-23-2018, 07:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Link isn’t working
Old 08-23-2018, 07:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

link works. copy and paste then remove the () from around the period