General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Unique/Annoying No Start Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 03:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unique/Annoying No Start Problem

I have a 2002 A4 Camaro that has a no crank/no start problem that has me scratching my head. I don't know if its the VATS, starter, bcm, or something else entirely. But anyway sometimes when I turn the ignition nothing happens. But i thought it only happens when the car was hot. I would leave for work and the car was fine. After work it would start fine, but if I stop at a store or get gas sometimes it wouldn't start. I thought it was a heat soak problem with the starter. But it didn't start this morning. I have notice that when it isn't going to start the security light isn't lit or flashing. Its suppose to flash then go away but it doesnt flash at all. There is also no bell chime when the key is turned to "on". Hoping someone has fixed this before or some LS guru knows what's going on
Old 10-05-2018, 05:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like the ignition switch is going out.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Carry a test light or meter and next time it does it check for power on the large single purple wire that has an MP250 connector on the passenger side strut tower. This is the start wire to the starter, if it's getting power then your starter is bad. If not then you will need to do more testing.