General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

99 TA performance issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 04:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 TA performance issue

So my 99 TA tach, fuel, temp gauges and OBD2 port stop working. Along with that I have developed a large hesitation where the throttleresponse is horrible. Now I’ve done all the troubleshooting that I can find on the site and I believe the cluster may be bad. What I don’t understand is how the cluster being bad can effect how the car runs.

The car set for a couple weeks while it was too cold to race. Nothing was done to the car during this period and it was running perfect and all the gauges worked when I stored it in my shop. This all showed up when I went to do some race prep for a T&T.

This car is no longer an LS1, it is now an LQ9 with a 350th transmission. The week before I parked it I hooked up the wiring for the transbrake and line lock. It didn’t have any issues for the test hits I did after wiring these two things.

Things I checked, fuses with a multimeter, good. Voltage at the cluster, good. Ground at the cluster, 2 pins, good. Continuity between the ECU pin, blue 58, dark green wire and splice pack SP200, good. Splice pack SP200, continuity good across all pins. Continuity between splice pack grey wire to gauge cluster pin B6, good. All ground listed on this sites sticky were removed, cleaned, and reinstalled. I even removed the ECU and clean all the pins and connectors.