General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

C5 Engine wire harness mod recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default C5 Engine wire harness mod recommendations

Well, my wire harness is showing wires and I have a few broken ones, I'm sending the harness out to be refurbished to a shop in Dallas. He says he can make any mods or changes to the engine harness while he has it, so I need a few opinions on what I need to do in order to battle heat from the headers I'm running. Kooks LTs. Can the harness be lengthened to run it away from the exhaust or should I just have him wrap the wires in heat wrap then a loom over the top? I am going to have him lengthen the TB and Maf wire about 2 inches also. Maybe delete the rear 02 wires too. I am debating on running a msd 2 step also. Be nice to have it all done the way I need it. Any recommendations?
Old 05-10-2019, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Shop im using is called LSwerX in Texas
Anyone used this shop?

Last edited by wssix99; 05-11-2019 at 07:52 AM. Reason: non-sponsor graphic removed
Old 05-11-2019, 07:53 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 337 Likes on 309 Posts

Yes this can be done and is done. If you check out the Vendor Directory link at the top of the page and search for "wir" there are a few shops that do harnesses and at least one definitely does custom.

For your problem, you might check out one of the engine sections or hybrids and conversions. The folks there need to do custom wiring solutions all the time.