General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

AC problem and need alittle help

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2022, 10:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default AC problem and need alittle help

So have had this problem for years. The AC turns on and blows in the 3 lower settings. It BARELY blows at those speeds but it blows. Then on the last setting it blows alittle more, BUT it has a loud humming sound coming from behind the glove compartment. It still doesn't blow normal speed though. Any advice on what it could be? Thanks in advance for any help
Old 11-11-2022, 04:43 PM
Banned

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts

Leaves in the blower wheel. Or something similar.

I've removed my blower assembly several times over the years to vacuum out the evaporator box.
I have this small maybe dollar store vacuum for this because it's all that fits in there.

Could also be the bushings in the motor lacking oil but that makes a high pitched noise in all of my GM vehicles.
Old 11-11-2022, 05:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a new motor I'm going to install tomorrow. I'm hoping that will take care of this BUT, i have a feeling it wont. It almost sounds like the vent tube is clogged. I will see what happens tomorrow. Thought about trying to get a vacuum up there first and see. I removed the motor months ago to clean out a bunch of leaves. Thank you for youe help.

Quick Reply: AC problem and need alittle help