General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

wipers skipping a spot

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 12:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help!!!

This might be a stupid question but I didnt know where else to post. Figured the best answer I would get would be here so. anyways.
The problem is my stupid windshield wipers. I kept aving trouble with the drivers side. It kept missing a spot. So I went and purchased another pair at Wally World. The ones I had on there were Rain-X, so I then bought the Tripple Edge wipers. Now not only is the spot that it's missing even bigger but now on the pass. side it's missing a spot the size of a volleyball.
What the hell do I do. ANd by the way the Blades are 24'' I believe. I dont even know if that's the right size but that's what I figured though.
And it's on a 96 Formula. Please help it's so annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nuthing makes you feel better than a clean swipe of the wipers.
thanks
Old 06-10-2005, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiper blades

try a Trico brand PT# 24-9R. the "R" means the it is for a revese hook wiper arm. i went through this at one time myself. on our wiper arms the hook goes in the opposite direction as all othre cars out there with the hook type arm. no matter how much you try to bend the arm it will not cure it. i bent mine so bad i had to get new arms. the new arms with the right blades work fine. if you have not bend your arms too much yet, just the new blades should work. they will go on a lot easier too. i bet you had a hard thim getting the blades on?
Old 06-10-2005, 01:47 PM
TECH Regular

Yea I've had trouble with them pletny of times. But have the hang of it now. Where do I purchase these and how much are they??
and you sure they will work? I dont have to do anything else?
thnaks
Old 06-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Launching!

Never knew about that r thing, i "tweaked" my arms and they worked fine with regular wipers.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

Well I may go and try and tweak mine to se first.
thanks
Old 06-10-2005, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Default 24-9r

Advance Auto sells the Trico brand. It is a store stocking item and they run about $12.00 each give or take. All of our warehouses have on hand so if the store you go to is out they should be able to get them. Advance Auto even installs the blades for free. I know because I have probably installed millions of blades when i was at the stores.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:25 PM
TECH Regular

will do