General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Funny tapping/Rattle from 0-25 mph

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny tapping/Rattle from 0-25 mph

The other day My car just started rattling or what feels like a tapping on the floor board when I am accelerating from 0 to about 25 mph, I have no clue WTF is wrong with her. What does this sound like a symptom of? Are there any common ls1 fbody point of failures that would cause this? Also as much as I am ashamed to admit, it all started after I was doing some fishtails in the rain.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:04 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well if its the same rattle i had i just got an oil change and everything worx beutifully now it turned out my v8 wuz thirsty i thought my clutch or tranny was goin thank god it wasnt that...
Old 07-27-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

does it do this rattle at idle too??? it could be your catalytic converter going bad....mine had this problem, i was under the car while it was running and it was rattling very annoying. i looked all around that cat for loose screws/nuts/anything but i could not find anything.

i took it to several exhaust shops they said the cat was bad...i was pissed and thought that maybe if i got on it some it might push it out to the back and a day or two later a honeycomb structure the size of a golf ball came to the exhaust tips, and i pulled it out and now no more rattles

by the way mine started rattling not long after i had gotten on it too....the cat is probably bad but i wouldnt replace it if i didnt have to
Old 07-27-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Regular

i had the same problem with the rattling at idle got under the car so many times to find it. then i held my foot against the cat and it stopped the rattling, guess some of thoes beads or whatever had come loose inside it, its all good now thoes pos's are off the car : )
Old 07-27-2005, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Its only when the engine is under load, mainly from a takeoff. Feels like someone is inder the car tapping on the floor pan. I may put it on some ramps 2morrow and see what I can find out. You know, just start grabbing **** and yanking on it to look for anything loose. lol
Old 07-29-2005, 02:38 AM
Launching!

please post what you find, mine does this too sometimes