General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

humming noise?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default humming noise?

i noticed after getting back from the track last week (day after) that i had a humming noise starting from (sounds like) right rear. i did some bigger burnouts than usual at the track and i have 1 new tire on that rear right side, alot stickier than the one on the left. The noise accurs most nocticeably at lower speeds while giving it a little throttle. I prolly only notice it at lower speeds cause of the cutout. but it seems to start around 25mph with just a little gas just enough to keep it going. and i notice it up til about 35-40mphish. seems like when i let of the gas it goes away, but then barely push it again and it comes right back. any ideas? rear end? bearings? my rear isnt leaking. and i had the rear axel bearings changed a month or so ago. should i worry? any ideas are appreciated. hope its nothing major starting.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Teching In

I had the same problem about a 3months ago, I notice it after my buddyand I were done doing huge burnouts.....at first you could barely hear the noise but, about 2 weeks later the humming was louder than the car with the cut out open. went all over the miami looking for opinions on what was wrong, I was told just about everything, from bearings to gears to posi to the whole rearend. finally found a shop who worked on hotrods, turned out my fluid was really low and looked more like water than anything else, and my gears were also wore down pretty good. after that haven't had problem since.....
Old 09-03-2005, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

Default ...

Hey Mack im just north of miami in hollywood. whats the name of the shop you went to , maybe i can stop by to see if they can diagnose it. thanks for your info
Old 09-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Teching In

the name of the shop is RON's REDLINE TRANSMISSION I BELIEVE IT IS IN SOUTH BROWARD COUNTY RIGHT OFF OF 95 CANT REMEMBER THE EXACT ADDRESS BUT I KNOW HE IS IN THE YELLOW PAGES.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Default ...

thanks mack....i will look him up.