General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

security light problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 06:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Default security light problems

sometimes the light comes on and car won't start until maybe hour or so. then noticed dome light doesn't ever work anymore.went out this morning and car turns over,coughs then pukes. it wants to start but somethings killing it.then security light came on and shut ignition down and waited and still will turn over but not start.someone told me of box behind glove compartment that controls the "interior electronics" anyone have idea where to start? Any ideas or sites to bypass security and hook up start button?(seen one on car in mag last month might dig deeper.)
Old 09-23-2005, 07:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ignition switch, along with key and chip, replacement might be an option?

Good luck.

Steve
Old 09-23-2005, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

would that cause dome light problem (haven't changed bulb looked good but changing to be sure)
Old 09-23-2005, 01:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya know my security light mysteriously comes on every now and then, it's very wierd. It didn't happen for like the first 2 weeks I had the car, then suddenly one day it came on while just driving then went off, and that kept up for like a month.

Then one day we took a long trip and it didn't come on the whole time, then it didn't happen for the next couple weeks, then it suddenly happened when I took off fast from a stop one day then went off a few min later, and every now and then it will come on, and I generally notice it happens when I'm taking off fast, or when stopping, that could be coincidental though but I've never figured it out. Also the last time it's happened was probably 2 weeks ago.