General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Overheating

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 10:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overheating

Ok... I have changed out the thermostat with a hypertech and it still over heats. I also changed out the waterpump because the bearings were going and it still overheats. I changed out the thermostat again with another one and it still is overheating. I also am not getting heat from my heater inside the car. Please help .. I am about to scream..

Thanks
Old 10-30-2005, 12:33 PM
TECH Regular

As far as overheating, did you properly bleed the air outta the system after changing the thermostats and waterpump?

As far as no heat in the car, I'm taking a guess, but have you look at the heater core or looked into the problem being related to the heater core?
Old 10-30-2005, 02:48 PM
Teching In

does anyone have a good way of bleeing the coolant? I was told to take of the hose from the right side of the throttlebody and wait until u see coolant. The problem with that solution, is that the car starts overheating to over 250 degrees. Please help
Old 10-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Teching In

Got it to work now. 10 minutes and under 205 temp. I just took off radiator cap and topped off more with water.. Capped it and started , now it stays at around 205 temp and my heat is back in the car.. yehoo..

Thanks to all