General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

ALL headlights/high beams out

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 09:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ALL headlights/high beams out

Drove the car at night for the first time in months last night, and noticed that my headlights are out. I tried to turn on the high beams and they're out too. Now, I have a hard time believing all 4 lights went out at once, so I checked the main fuse block (inside the door) and the fuses marked HL/DRL under the hood. Fuses are fine, and I even tried swapping a couple around, but still no dice. Fog lamps work, parking lamps work, all rear lamps work.

The only thing I can think of is that I did some work under the dash when I replaced my clutch return spring. Is there a wire under there that would keep the lights from coming on?

HELP!

Thanks,

-Mike
Old 11-12-2005, 01:07 AM
Teching In

Mine in my TA are doing the same thing pretty much. They will turn on if the car isn't started, but as soon as I start it they go out and won't come back on. I have tried swapping the switches but it didn't help. I have also checked all fuses and all are fine. I am starting to really get frustrated trying to track this crap down.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Well, I fixed my problem. I popped the kick panel under the dashboard back out and, sure enough, found a plug that wasn't seated right. As soon as I started moving the wiring block around, it came undone and hit me in the forehead. Almost as if to say, "Hey, *******. You didn't plug me in right."

I'm just glad it was easy.

-Mike