General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

could be a few things...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 04:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default could be a few things...

yesterday it was raining all day, not too hard...just enough to make it a shitty day. the roads were soaked, and it just continued to rain the whole day. this is the first day ive really driven the car in the rain since i put on the WS9 hood (hood is cut so air flows straight thru nostrils into lid), and everything was fine at first. i drove about 20 miles to the mall, parked for about an hour, then drove around for about 20 mins and came back to the mall. we stayed at the mall for about 30 mins while the car sat, then i started on my way to my friends house which is about 35 miles away (all highway). so im going along on the highway @ 60 in 6th and my friend is following me in his Cobra...i goto accelerate a little bit and i notice i wasnt really going anywhere, so i give it more gas, and nothing. then more and it starts to miss and backfired twice. i downshifted into 5th and it was fine. i get to a 711 right by his house, park and wait for him to go inside and get some beer. hes out in a couple mins and when we went to leave, i pulled out into the road, and when i hit the gas...the car just started to miss bad and wasnt really going anywhere. i gave it more gas, and then a little more, and at about 3k, it stopped misfiring and i spun a little bit b/c of the sudden increase of power, and then i shifted into 2nd. same damn thing, it was missing and i gave it more gas and a little over 3k it stopped and i spun a little and then i shifted into 3rd....samn damn thing.

so i did that same thing for the next 5-6 blocks until we got to his house. then the car sat for a couple hours until i went to leave. i figured a little water got in the intake or something b/c of all the rain and stuff. i go to leave and everything is fine for the first couple blocks, until i stop at a red light. when i went to take off from the light it started doing the same thing. the highway is only a few blocks away, and it kept misfiring at stuff just like it was when i left 711. i get on the highway and its still doing it, except now the CEL is flashing at me. when it starts flashing i let off the gas and coast, and then it stops flashing. but now, when i get on the gas, its fine. i was doing about 55 and put it in 6th to lower the rpms and hit the gas and everything is good to go.

this morning on my way to work, its doing the same damn thing. CEL starts flashing, except now it stayed on. i goto Advance and read the codes and its 'High Voltage O2 Sensor Bank 1'

is the 02 bad, or did the new hood let too much water in when i was driving in the rain?

cliffnotes:
-drove in rain all day with new WS9 hood.
-car starts misfiring in all gears bad (to the point i almost have to floor it to get it to move, then all of a sudden it stops misfiring)
-CEL flashes on the highway (doesnt stay on), then everything is fine.
-Next day does same thing
-CEL flashes (stays on) - reads 'High Voltage O2 Sensor Bank 1'

Last edited by 99FormulaM6; 12-06-2005 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you check your air filter to see if water was getting in? The o2 sensor just could of taken a **** on you.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It runs fine when you floor it because the car is ignoring the O2's at WOT. You **** an O2 sensor dude.